Photos can be clicked on for a larger view.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Years end

Like probably most of you I'm finding it hard to believe that the year is at it's end. Maybe its just part of getting older, but it seems as if the clock has been speeding up. I'd like to take the opportunity now to thank all of you that have been reading these posts. 2010 was the year I finally decided to join the 21st century and start to take advantage of some of the technology that is available. Finally after 15 years I got a website for the nursery up.  http://www.kimurabonsainursery.com This coming year I 'm going to redo it and make it more user friendly and to have more of our inventory available on it. I also started this blog in the past year.  I even joined Facebook, which I never thought I would do. Look for a Kimura Bonsai Nursery page to come in 2011. I draw the line at Twitter though, you won't find us there. The landscaping side of the business has also joined the 21st century with updates to our website, http://www.robertpressler.com and email newsletters. In the new year I'm going to start learning how to use the computer to help in the design process. I've even started a web forum with some partners about my other passion, bass fishing. You can check it out here if you'd like .http://www.bassnboat.com
 This year has been tough business wise as I know it was for many others, but we hung in and got through it. I'm hopeful the coming year will be better for all of us. At the nursery we'll have more material specific workshops, some with guest teachers. The ongoing class schedule will also be expanded this year. We'll  be doing more workshops geared towards beginners  to the world of bonsai. I'll be doing a number of club programs as well as a workshop at the Golden State Bonsai Federations convention in November. I'm also talking with several organizations in other parts of the country about possible workshops and demo's.
 In the coming year I will do more  posts on the process of creating a bonsai ,from choosing  the material and giving it the initial styling, then following up with posts showing the development, potting etc.. I'll also be doing some work on some really exciting pieces of older material, some never worked on, others needing a restyling. As always I'm interested in what you would like to see so I'm open to suggestions.
 I want to wish all of you a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011. Talk to you all next year.

Bob Pressler

No comments:

Post a Comment