Photos can be clicked on for a larger view.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring at Kimura Bonsai

Sorry its been awhile since my last post. This is a crazy busy time here at the nursery. We are in the midst of our  transplanting season. I think I repotted 150 trees this week.  In one of my next posts I'll do a  detailed explanation of the transplanting process.
For today though I'm going to just share some images of spring here at the nursery. This is my favorite time, when everything starts to come back from their winter slumber and shows the promise of new life.
Hope you enjoy the images.

The first swellings of the wisteria-

The new black pine candles are starting to push-

The flowers of a choke cherry-

The first flush of new growth on a very old pomegranate-

The delicate pink flowers of a tamarisk -

The beginnings of  the new mexican privet flower-

Pink buds turning into white flowers on this crabapple-

First buds breaking on trident maples grown in the ground and chopped down low-
The bountiful flowering of a korean cherry-

Crepe myrtles bursting with new shoots-

A taiwan trident maple in flower-


The unfolding of new shoots on a trident maple-

A spirea in bloom-

Camellia buds ready to open-
Fruits on a ume that bloomed for new years-
A japanese maple in its new coat-

New buds swelling on a cork bark oak-

Well thats it for this post. I hope you all enjoyed these images. 
Later in the year I'll will be documenting several large ongoing projects that I think you will find enjoyable and educational. As always I look forward to any comments or suggestions.







No comments:

Post a Comment